<ot>

http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html#SECTION008120000000000000000

> so I can hopefully duplicate the settings in 2.5?

If these libs use binary modules (Python extension modules coded in C
or C++...), this just won't work. In this case, you may have to either
get a python 2.5 compatible version of ArcMap (if such a thing exists)
or a python 2.4 compatible version of Eric.

</ot>

> Thanks for any help or info.  Sorry this isn't a Django question per
> se, but this is the most active python group on Google groups,

Err... I'm not sure Django-users is much more active than
comp.lang.py, but even if that was the case, your question would still
belong there (http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python).