stoKes schrieb:
> within django is it possible to customize upload_to in order to save
> the file into a /folder/id/category type situation?

Hi,

I had this problem, too. For every object of a model class
can have attachments. I don't need to store additional data
for the files.

I realized, that it is the easiest solution to have no FileField in
the Model, and handle the up and download myself. Drawback:
The Admin Interface can't be used to upload or delete files.

In my case, I didn't need any filename in the db. This has the
advantage, that you can copy files to the directiory .../ID/, without
the need to update the database.

If you need some data for every file in the database:
Marty Alchin improved the current FileField a lot. I think it will
get into django soon:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/5361

    Support pluggable backends for FileField

 Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/