On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 17:27 -0700, Milan Andric wrote:
> I was just curious if anything like this get_admin_url patch was
> already available in django trunk somewhere and I can eliminate the
> patch from my patched version of django.  Or is there a more
> appropriate way to do this so it doesn't cause a conflict?
>
> Link: http://dpaste.com/59850/

Code like that doesn't really have any place in the Models class, so
it's not likely to be in core. It would promote the admin application to
some kind of special treatment by hardcoding it in and we try very hard
to avoid doing that. Remember that we are in the process of moving admin
dependencies *out* of the Model class not putting them in.

Adding a method like that to a class sounds more like something that
would be done by the admin class (I'm thinking about newforms-admin
here, since existing admin is on life-support only) as part of
initialiasing that. However, it doesn't make sense to do it by default,
since each model won't necessarily have a unique admin URL. But it's
certainly something you could do as a custom addition to the admin class
for particular models with newforms-admin.

Regards,
Malcolm