On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 23:18 -0700, Ulf Kronman wrote:
> Hi again all,
> after a few days of struggling with django-pyodbc, I have finally got
> past the "ImportError: No module named django-pyodbc.db.mssql.base"
> stage.
>
> The problem was that the module package was missing __init__.py files
> in the directories above the mssql directory. So I added two empty
> __init__.py files; one in the top django-pyodbc directory, and one in
> the subdirectory db.
>
> Now Django and Python find the base.py module, and then I reach the
> next problem stage:
>
> File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/
> site-packages/django/db/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
>     backend = __import__('%s.base' % settings.DATABASE_ENGINE, {}, {},
> [''])
>
>   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
> python2.5/site-packages/django-pyodbc/db/mssql/__init__.py", line 3
>
>     from django-pyodbc.contrib.sessions.backends.db import
> SessionStore as NewSessionStore

Not knowing anything about this particular project, but if that's what
the line really says in the source (and I'm not doubting you, just very
surprised), it's completely wrong. It's illegal Python.

I did just go and have a look around the google-code source repository
for this project and I don't really understand what's going on at all
there. It looks like something that's meant to be dropped into core,
rather than a standalone external database backend. So maybe it's not up
to date or maybe it isn't intended to be something that works without
patching Django (which would be a shame). I don't know, but there do
appear to be some problems that need to be sorted out

Regards,
Malcolm