On Jul 4, 6:41 pm, "Alessandro Ronchi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> 2008/7/3, Jeff Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> >  I have used the django template system to generate web pages independent of
> > a django project.
>
> >  First I created a settings.py that only has the TEMPLATE_DIRS setting.
> >  Next, I created my template.
> >  Last, I created a cgi script that loads and renders my template. I used a
> > more generic python CGI module to handle post data.
>
> >  If you don't want to use the django template system exclusively, consider
> > using an iframe for a "browser side include".
>
> I cannot use any server side technologies and I cannot use iframes.

If i understand you correctly, what you need is just AJAX. Just have
your views produce xml or json or perhaps even html snippets. And use
any javascript suite to call this view and then insert the data into
your page. I prefer spitting out data in a json format, and then using
something like YUI or jquery to call and then parse.