Hello,

I'm working through James Bennett's Practical Django Projects. Have brought up
the cms; would like to add Rich Text Editing, but the instructions in Bennet's
book don't seem to work for me.

Googling around, I find a number of recipes for adding RTE. Thought I try the
approach suggested by the Django project:
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/AddWYSIWYGEditor.

But this doesn't work for me either.

Here's my config:

1) tiny_mce.js is in: /usr/share/tinymce/www
2) TEMPLATE_DIRS in settings.py is set to:

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    '/home/lloyd/django/templates/cms/',
 )

3) my template is in: ~/django/templates/cms/flatpages
4) I've copied change_form.html, the admin template, into:
~/django/templates/admin_copies

5) the admin template extension, change_forms.html, is in:
~/django/templates/admin/flatpages/flatpage

...and reads:

{% extends "admin_copies/change_form.html" %}
{% block extrahead %}{{ block.super }}
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/usr/share/tinymce/www/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/usr/share/tinymce/www/textareas.js"</script>
{% endblock %}

With this configuration, everything works fine, except the tiny_mce editor
fails to show on the admin page.

Questions:

1) Am I missing or misunderstanding  a step?
2) Is there an effective debugging method that I can use in a case like this?

Many thanks,

Lloyd R. Prentice