Sorry just to add I am a newbie. I looked up previous questions and
found:

"I'm greatly enjoying this excellent project.
However, I have a problem with users created through the admin web
interface being able to log into the admin site.
I get "Please enter a correct username and password." Even though all
users have "is_active" and "is_staff" set to True.
It's definitely *not* a typo/caps-lock thing.
I'm using MySQL. "

The answer was:
">>>from django.models.auth import users
>>> u = users.create_user('username', '[EMAIL PROTECTED]', 'password')
>>> u.is_staff = True
>>> u.save() "

I tried this from within my project folder and it gave me a traceback
folder. I am not very confident with shells etc. I am using ubuntu OS
and MYSQL 5.051