How to create a field that is not stored in database, but is visible
in Django newforms-admin? (I'm assuming there is a way)

I would like to define a field which acts as a kind of proxy. Setting
and getting value of this field actually runs some defined operation
(for example executes custom SQL query) and returns it's results. This
field has a related form field which is visible in Django
newforms-admin among the form fields for other fields of containing
model.

As I'm using newforms-admin, I could add the form field to the
ModelForm of my model in ModelAdmin and define custom save method for
this form, which would execute a defined operation. But I want to have
this functionality in two my different projects, and this approach
would not be DRY.

So is there a way to create such model field? Or maybe there is a
better way to achieve what I want? Please help.

PS. Sorry for my bad English. I'm not a native speaker. If something
is not decipherable to you, just ask.

Regards,
--
Marek Stępniowski