Hi guys+gals,

I'm new to django, and I'm trying to wrap my head around a project
structure.  I have a simple case that I'm thinking about, but can't
put together a reasonable mental model for it.

I've got a site that has a schedule component (events), and a news
component (news items).  So I can easily create two apps, one for
events, and the other for news, and I can create varying ways to
display these components.  My problem is that when I start thinking
about the homepage... where I'd like to display both some events, and
some news items.  I can't figure out how I would use templates to do
such a thing... place both on the same page.  Ideally, I would like to
have a template that displays an event, and one that displays a news
item.  But I'm not sure how that would work, with both of them
extending the same base template.

I could, of course, create one app which has all of these models
internal, which would let me easily pull them into a single template,
but I would really rather not couple the two distinct models together
in both the view and the templates.

If someone could give me a few pointers in a direction they'd approach
this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.