I leading a project based on Django, and I come from 12 years of Java,
and 0 years of Python.  <pause - waiting for laughing to stop>

I'm currently digging into the django-trunk on many an occasion,
trying to explain things that I can't find in the docs.  Because I
don't understand how Django was designed, and can't guess too easily,
I find that really slow.

I'm wondering if getting the KomodoIDE editor with a debugger would
make learning Django faster.  Or would WingIDE be a better bet?  Or
Eclipse with pyDev.  In theory, I could see stepping through code to
learn how it all fits.  But, does this work well in practice?

Any other tips to getting up to speed fast?  I have both Django books,
2 python references and the python cookbook, and I'm working hard to
get up to speed.

thanks!