If you are on a *NIX platform (linux, freebsd, os x etc) the easiest way to
schedule a task is using cron, and writing a python script that can be run
from cron is trivial, even if you need to use django in this script.

Just put the script in your project root, and follow these instructions:
http://superjared.com/entry/django-and-crontab-best-friends/

There's plenty of documentation on how cron works, so that part you'll have
to figure out yourself (and it's really good to know) :-)

Oscar