On Jul 14, 3:46 pm, Mario Zorz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm following the Django tutorial [1] I'm using windows xp, python 2.5 and
> SQLite. For some reason I found these 2 things not being appropiate as
> followed in the tutorial:
>
> 1) When tried "python manage.py sql polls" I got this
> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'max_length'.

> 2) Continuing down to the "Playing with the API" section, and once I saved
> some poll objects to the DB, etc I executed the following command as
> specified in the tutorial:

You are attempting to use the tutorial that targets current
development code with one of the Django releases (0.95, 0.96..).  As
the tutorial notes in several places, there are differences between
the releases and current development.  In fact, both of the problems
you've encountered are specifically addressed in the document you
linked to.

You should either fetch the development version of Django, or use the
tutorial targeted for your Django version, which are linked at the top
of each documentation page.

Matt