On Jul 15, 8:29 am, blis102 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> On my Ubuntu server with Apache2 +mod_python, I cant seem to get
> the .py files to compile like they should (I see no .pyc files in my
> "src" folder like I do locally). I believe I have proper permissions
> set (775), but am by no means an expert in this matter. What would
> cause .pyc files to not compile other than the file permissions. Also
> what is the recommended permissions settings for source folders/files,
> and media folders/files?

Because Apache/mod_python processes are persistent, and py file
actually gain that much in trying to ensure that .pyc/.pyo files
exist. If you were using CGI where every request is a new process,
then it would be an issue.

In other words, you may be wasting time trying to work this out for
next to no benefit.

Graham