On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 10:27 -0700, Valery wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to force a translation language according to URI-
> parameter. Something similar is done here:
> http://www.jondesign.net/articles/2006/jul/02/langue-depuis-url-django-url-locale-middleware/#thecode
>
> but it is done there on the middleware level. In my case a decision
> about language should be taken inside of a regular view function. My
> view function is very simple:
>
> def myview(request,lng, myval):
>    return render_to_response('mytemplate.html', { 'myvar' : myval})
>
> How could it be done (if at all) ?

It's not documented in the i18n.txt file (which needs a bit of a rewrite
and splitting up once the docs reorganisation lands in trunk), but have
a look at the activate() function in
django/utils/translation/trans_real.py.

Basically,

        activate('de')

for example, will switch the currently active locale to be "de". That's
how the middleware sets the active locale in the first place.

Regards,
Malcolm