On Jul 16, 12:03 pm, "Karen Tracey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM, danielk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I've been doing things with PHP (and phpDocumentor) and recently
> > started looking into Django.
>
> > I now have the following in my 'httpd.conf' file:
>
> > LoadModule python_module "C:/Progra~1/Apache~1/Apache2.2/modules/
> > mod_python.so"
> > <Location "/">
> >    SetHandler python-program
> >    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
> >    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE mysite.settings
> >    PythonPath "['C:/home/python/django'] + sys.path"
> >    PythonDebug On
> > </Location>
>
> > When I restart Apache, Django works ok but the documentation generated
> > with phpDocumentor does not rendor the page correctly. None of the
> > colors show up and the page is just not formatted correctly, like it
> > is not utilizing any CSS information.
>
> > If I uncomment those lines in 'httpd.conf' and then restart Apache
> > then the pages rendor correctly. The pages also rendor correctly if I
> > open them locally (ie not via http).
>
> > I'm sure this is a Django configuration issue, I'm just not all that
> > familiar with Django as yet.
>
> > Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get Django to display
> > these pages correctly?
>
> It's not a Django configuration problem, it's an Apache configuration
> problem.  Your Location '/' block routes the entire site to Django.
> Presumably you have other Location blocks that are overriding this for
> specific prefixes (like the admin media and your phpDocumentor pages),
> because Django doesn't handle serving those pages.  It sounds like you need
> another such override to handle the CSS for the phpDocumentor pages so that
> they are served directly from Apache and not routed to Django at all.  To do
> that you'll first need to determine what urls are being used for these CSS
> files, I'm not familiar with this tool so I have no idea what they might be.
>
> Karen

Thanks, that makes more sense, but I still do not understand what the
association is between the <Location> in Apache and where my Django
code is.

How do I tell Apache where my Django stuff is? If my Django stuff is
in 'C:\home\django\mysite\' then what would the <Location> tag be? Or
is this a mod_python configuration issue? Or should I be asking this
on an Apache group?

All I'm trying to do is to get Django working so that it does not
interfere with any of the php stuff I already have working.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to be asking this.

Dan