Dan wrote:

>     Most ideally we would like to have it so that the application uses DB1
>     (defined in the settings.py file) as the main database, but when it's
>     down to users, uses DB2.user as the users table.
>     Currently we are thinking of using raw sql, but that would only be a
>     last resort preferably. And at that point I'd be more scrambled on how
>     to use authenticate together with it.
>

> If you are using MySQL, you can use the federated engine for tables
> that are only "symlinks" to real tables in another database but will
> act as normal tables when doing regular operations on them.
>
> It might be possible with other databases too, I don't know.
Hi Dan, thanks for the reply.
We are indeed using MySQL, and attemipting to symlink (as the mysql
documentation at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/symbolic-links-to-tables.html )
didn't work out ("SQL show index from `users` failed : Table
'bingo.users' doesn't exist" is what webmin said)

If you're implying some other technique, I have no idea what you are
talking about - could you please explain, or redirect to a page
explaining it?

Thanks.