On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 04:40 -0400, arsyed wrote:
> Hi - With the change in 8015:
>
> http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges#ChangedthewayURLpathsaredetermined
>
> it sounds like I shouldn't need to specify the WSGIScriptAlias in the
> URLConf file. But this doesn't work for me (setup pasted below).  Does
> this mean I should continue to prefix "/mysite" in urls.py or is there
> a way to avoid this?

The whole idea of that change is so that you don't need the site prefix
in your urls.py file. That way you can easily move the code from
under /mysite to /my_other_site without having to change anything. This
makes it particularly straightforward to, for example, develop on your
local machine without having to worry about the prefix it is deployed
under in production.

So, yes, removing the "/mysite" prefix is exactly the change required
here. I was having more than a little trouble explaining all the
necessary changes, but that's mentioned in the wiki fragment you mention
as something that needs to be done for all backends. mod_wsgi is
certainly one of the easier setups to port the code forwards for in this
case.

Regards,
Malcolm