Thanks for your reply Karen.

I have been following those docs. If I use it literally it is missing
an else after is_valid. Otherwise it tests for POST - if exist test is
valid - if is invalid and is POST it returns no response object. That
is why I felt I had to return the form again - I was expecting to be
missing some syntax for passing the error dictionary to the form.

As it stands I still don't see any errors.