Thanks, I did use form validation as in http://dpaste.com/73704/ but I
couldn't get the validation to work. I wasn't sure what I was doing
wrong, so I resorted to the ad hoc method you are seeing, hoping to
resolve it once I get the view working. In regards to PDF generation,
I wasn't sure what I am supposed to do with the response object. I
want it to be a 2- click process, where user may or may not generate
the PDF. Can you point me to an example for better idea? I couldn't
get much out of the documentation.