Please see http://dpaste.com/hold/73759/ I need some guidance
implementing search feature in django.

What I want to do is to be able to search for Regions. Let's suppose
we have: -

A page where the user will be able to specify (a) one or multiple
states from a list, (b) one user to match with "created_by", (c) one
user to match with "modified_by". All these three search criteria are
optional, that is, if all three are not specified, the search returns
all regions. If one or more criteria are specified, the search returns
Regions that match all criteria.

1. how do I construct the search page?
2. How do I perform a search based on the values obtained when the
search page is submitted?
3. The values returned are not django models, of course. How do I
translate the values obtained so that they represent their
corresponding django models?
4. How do I perform the query to search Regions?
5. The Regions found in search are django models or python data types?

I know that's a long list, but I have been trying this for too long
now. I just couldn't figure out how to do this...

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.