On Aug 26, 5:07 pm, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 23:45 -0700, mario wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > And here's how I defined the apps in Apache2 (running with lastest
> > Django SVN).
>
> > <Location "/app1/">
> >     SetHandler python-program
> >     PythonPath "['/var/www/myapps'] + sys.path"
> >     PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
> >     SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE app_1.settings
> >     PythonDebug on
> > </Location>
>
> > <Location "/app2/">
> >     SetHandler python-program
> >     PythonPath "['/var/www/myapps'] + sys.path"
> >     PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
> >     SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE app_2.settings
> >     PythonDebug on
> > </Location>
>
> You need to use the PythonInterpreter directive when you have more than
> one site installed.
> Seehttp://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/modpython/#mult...for
>  details.

For the case where both are inside of the same virtual host then yes.
This is because interpreter context for mod_python defaults to the
virtual host.

Also be aware that if hosting them in the same virtual host, you may
need to ensure that SESSION_COOKIE_NAME is set differently for each
application if using sessions. This may not be the case if version of
Django being used has change described in:

  http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/4724

In that case can set SESSION_COOKIE_PATH instead and leave session
cookie name the same.

Thinking about this, with SCRIPT_NAME changes made for better WSGI
compatibility, maybe SESSION_COOKIE_PATH should have defaulted to
value of SCRIPT_NAME, or at the least if it was set to None that it
took the value of SCRIPT_NAME.

Anyway, if you don't ensure each application uses separate cookie name
or cookie path context and they have different user database, they can
interfere with each other, for example if using admin screens in both.

Graham