Yes, quite correct, it doesn't require a database. I wanted to keep
the requirements as minimal as possbile and thought it would be good
to let something designed for keeping revisions do the heavy lifting.
I know I have a good way to go with timiki yet, but it's already in
heavy use and therefor under improvement.

I can understand you prefering a database solution and it was a
difficult decision not to use a database. In the end I wanted
something that would be easy to deal with in the case of something
going wrong. The urls have a 1-to-1 mapping with the files on the file
system, so backups, restores and exporting/importing any data should
be simple as the entire content is pure (x)html.

I just set up a demo page here so that progress can be viewed:
http://timikidemo.io41.com/

Tim ^,^