On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 20:58 +0200, Stephan Jäkel wrote:
[...]
> x.date returns a unicode string even its the same code, the same
> database and same versions (database, python-mysqldb, python itself).

Is it the same version of Django? That could be an important difference.
If it is the same, *which* version of Django are you running?

I can't think what could be causing this difference, but it would
certainly be interesting to work it out. Normally the database wrapper
(python-mysqldb in this case) takes care of the conversion between
column types and Python types, so Django shouldn't be doing anything
here (we have some converter overrides, but nothing for dates).

Regards,
Malcolm