On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 21:32 -0400, Steve Holden wrote:
> lingrlongr wrote:
> > Submitted ticket #8663 for the following:
> >
> > When a ModelForm? is used to display a form for a Model, the fields
> > defined with a choices option insert a "-------" value for the first
> > option when the form is rendered. If you override a field and manually
> > specify the choices for a Select widget, this "-------" does not
> > appear as the first choice.
> >
> I believe this is by design, to allow you the option of forcing the user
> to select a specific value.

I understood the original poster's question to be about the difference
between the auto-generated version and the version when he manually
specified the field. My first reaction is that he's right and it should
be the same in both cases (with the "----" string), but I need to think
about it a bit more.

Regards,
Malcolm