Hi,

I've spent a couple hours trying to debug this, in vain...

I'm setting up a very simple site. In that site I've copied/pasted the
flatpages app to be able to extend it at will (I call the new app
'staticpages').

Everything works fine on the local machine running with the dev
server. But when I run the site on the production server with Apache,
nothing works at all and I get:

mod_wsgi (pid=12338): Exception occurred processing WSGI script '/
MYPATH/myproject.wsgi'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/MYPATH/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py", line 194, in __call__
    self.load_middleware()
  File "/MYPATH/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 40, in
load_middleware
    raise exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured, 'Error importing middleware
%s: "%s"' % (mw_module, e)
  ImproperlyConfigured: Error importing middleware
staticpages.middleware: "No module named widgets"

Only removing that middleware from the MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES setting gets
rid of the error.

I thought it was due to some stale *.pyc files, but I started from a
clean checkout and the problem persists.

I really don't understand where it's trying to import that 'widgets'
module. Certainly not from the middleware module, which is the same as
the flatpage's one:
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/contrib/flatpages/middleware.py

The traceback is really not helpful. Would you have any hint to debug
this?

Thanks a lot!

Julien