On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Ronaldo Z. Afonso
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm running Django on a shared-hosting provider with Apache and I walked
> through the documentation about FastCGI of the Django website but when I
> try to access some page of my web site, instead of seen the html
> rendered I just see the dispatch.fcgi as text. Does anyone can help me?
>
> ps) My dispatch.fcgi is executable.

Ronaldo,

You probably don't have the fastcgi module activated.  In your apache
or .htaccess config make sure you have something like AddHandler
fastcgi-script .fcgi .  If you have the AddHandler in your .htaccess
then maybe Apache is overriding that or it's not in your vhost config.
 AllowOverride All is another important Apache directive that allows
you to use AddHandler in your .htaccess, you can check that also.

Are you running your own apache or just using a service?  If you are
using a service then they may have better instructions about setting
it up.  If you still can't get it to work then post some configuration
information, like your .htaccess and vhost config.

--
Milan