On 2 sep, 22:47, Bobby Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> interesting situation.  I've got a form

'form' as a django.forms.Form instance or as a plain html form ?

> where i can check off items to
> manipulate in the database, each checkbox containing the recordID to
> manipulate
>
> if i check one box, (recordID # 66) then the length of that value is 2
>
> If i check two boxes (record id # 66,67) then the length of the list
> is 2

> What command should I be using to give me the number of elements in
> the list.  I'm currently using len(listnamehere)

If it's a plain html form and you get your values thru request.POST
(or GET), remember that  the http protocol is text-based, and that
len('66') == 2.

django's HttpRequest object's GET and POST are QueryDict instances.
You may want to use POST.getlist(yourcheckboxnamehere) instead of
POST[yourcheckboxnamehere], and if you expect integers, do the
conversion by yourself (hint : map(int, yourlist))

HTH