On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:04 AM, simong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to migrate a project to 1.0 and I'm currently updating the
> admin system. When I try to load the /admin/ URL I get this error:
>
> Exception Type:         TemplateSyntaxError
> Exception Value:        Caught an exception while rendering: No module
> named
> admin_urls
>
> The error is coming from line 25 in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/
> django/contrib/admin/templates/admin/base.html
>
> which is shown here: http://dpaste.com/75851/
>
> The problem is with the tag {% url django-admindocs-docroot as
> docsroot %}, which as far as I can see, doesn't exist in 1.0. I have
> installed Django 1.0 from scratch, and the only other possible
> weirdness is that I have the admin directory configured as admin_media
> in settings.py, which is a symlink to /usr/lib/python2.5/site-package/
> django/contrib/admin
>
> Next step would appear to be to try and move my code to a 1.0 project,
> but this would appear to be a bug in the admin templates.

That named url does exist:

http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/tags/releases/1.0/django/contrib/admindocs/urls.py

This is more likely a migration problem than a bug in 1.0. I have tested
admin in configurations both with and without the django.contrib.admindocs
application listed in INSTALLED_APPS and have not run into this.

When you installed 1.0 did you first remove any old installed django?

Is there a more complete traceback that might give a clue where this
admin_urls reference is coming from?  I can't find that string anywhere in
the 1.0 tree nor 0.96.

Karen