Hello,
I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but as it stands, i'm
fairly confident this stupid little line of code i have should work.
The relevant models are:

class Encounter(models.Model):
  service = models.IntegerField(max_length = 100, blank=True)
  patient = models.ForeignKey(Patient)
  day = models.DateField()
  class Admin:
    pass
  def __unicode__(self):
    return self.patient.name

class Service_details(models.Model):
  name = models.CharField(max_length = 18, blank=True)
  encounter = models.ForeignKey(Encounter)
  attended = models.BooleanField(default = False)
  class Admin:
    pass
  def __unicode__(self):
    return self.name

And all i'm trying to do is sort "Service_details" by Encounter.day,
and the line i'm trying to do it with is:

Service_details.objects.filter(encounter__day=date)

where date is of the form 'YYYY-MM-DD,'  but i always receive the
error "TypeError: Related Field has invalid lookup: day."  This is a
little confusing to me as i'm staring at the day attribute in the
Encounter model right now. Any thoughts or help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!