Changing this subject a bit...

How is the better way to track links? (I'm talking about a big site)

For links in general purpose? (Statics softwares based on server logs,
services like google analytics, etc) Suggestion?

For links more particularly like download/advertising/redirections? (Serving
and tracking by django using request_response objects...) Suggestion?

I know serving static files (like images, i'm right?) is recommended using
apache... But urls like domain.com/category/post-slug/small.jpg is more
beautiful and human readable than
domain.com/inc/images/2008/09/05/small/sdfj2984npsdf.jpg... There is really
more recommended using apache to serve images, analyzing by this point of
view?

Thanks,

Pedro.