Hi,

This same error materialized in another way in my case. It said:

  Caught an exception while rendering: Tried change_stage in module
django.contrib.admin.views.main. Error was: 'module' object has no
attribute 'change_stage'

I spent half a day figuring this out with the help of this thread. It
turned out that the cause, in my case, was because I missed a pre-1.0-
style admin entry in
an urls.py that was included in the main urls.py.

My problem was solved as soon as I changed that to the 1.0 preferred
way as specified in:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial02/#activate-the-admin-site

Just thought I'd post this as an addition to this thread in case
anyone else has the same problem.

-geir