On Sep 9, 2008, at 10:39 AM, Haku wrote:

> Hello, i'm quite frustrated by this problem.
> Today i had the  idea to update my svn from the old 0.97 to the 1.0
> release, and now nothing is working anymore.
>
> I always get an anonymous "Internal Server Error"
> Maybe because my project included mptt, but the fact is that i cant
> figure out why it is crashing. Seems like it's the slug fields but i
> don't really know.

Mptt has not been updated to work with 1.0, as it relies upon signals,
which were changed in 1.0. If you want to use mptt, you will need to
examine the new signals API, and update a local copy of the mptt
codebase to use it. It's not that hard - The signals are just declared
differently.

Mptt needs a refactor anyway. It would be ideal if it dropped the
dynamic Model alterations, and utilized the new Model inheritance
features introduced in 1.0. I re-implemented mptt this way for my own
uses - but other customizations I made to it make it inappropriate for
a patch.