On Sep 15, 12:53 pm, Bobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a smart and simple way to create a PDF document from a
> HTML page.
>
> I've a page with some tables that contains several numbers and I want
> my users to be able to create those tables into a PDF document they
> can send or download to their harddrive.
>
> In my search I found the documentation for the Django PDF via
> Reportlab but to be honest it seem way to advanced and complex
> compared to what I've in mind.
>
> I searched google and found some extern web-services that can create
> PDFs from a HTML page but they take money for it and I rather not be
> depending on another webservice. They might be down or have overload
> or something that can make problems.
>
> So my question is if anyone out there knows about a way to get around
> my little problem.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Bobo

Rather than a server-side solution, what about a client-side PDF
printer? PDFCreator is a free download for Windows clients, and on
Linux you should be able to set up a PDF printer under CUPS. See:

http://www.pdfforge.org/

http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/Setting_up_a_PDF_printer_in_CUPS_in_my_case_in_Slackware

Of course with a PDF printer you don't get full control of the PDF
produced. For better control, ReportLab is the ticket, and not as hard
as it looks - especially if you use the Platypus package.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip