If it's any consolation, I've had the the same bugs.  I kept getting
the same reverse lookup function error whenever I tried to render the
comments form.  I looked through all my comments directories, and
deleted all .pyc files.  I finally got rid of all my reverse()
problems after I searched my entire hard drive and deleted every .pyc
file on it.

After that, I was having the same url problems that you had, Mark.  I
tried the fix that you posted, and I finally got it to work.  I was
never able to get it to work as documented.

I finally gave up on the comments thing, and I decided that I'm going
to roll my own comments system in a couple of weeks.  I would have to
tweak the current comments framework substantially anyway to fit what
I need, regardless.

Jonathan