On Sep 18, 9:41 pm, Jarek Zgoda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2008-09-18, o godz. 13:33, przez Graham
> Dumpleton:

> >> I saw actual request bodies larger than declared in content-lentgh
> >> with Firefox 2, this browser often was lying to my nginx in cases of
> >> small bodies by 1-4 bytes.
>
> > What sort of application was that? Were the POSTs in the case actually
> > being generated by AJAX code running in browser?
>
> > I would trust Firefox to be doing the correct thing for basic concepts
> > of HTML form posting and file upload, but I wouldn't be surprised if
> > server provided AJAX code screwed up if there were generating the
> > content length themselves.
>
> > Another possibility is that people were uploading files that were
> > still being written to by some application and thus were changing in
> > length.
>
> Right, these were POST requests made by some ajax.

BTW, I'd also be a bit suspect on nginx behaviour if it was even
passing through more than Conent-Length. If you were using Apache it
would outright refuse to pass on more content than that specified by
the Content-Length as it trusts that value as being the actual content
length. It has to do that for HTTP/1.1 pipelining to work properly.

Graham