While I'm not particularly skilled with AppEngine, it's not finding
your backend. I don't know what your INSTALLED_APPS are in settings.py
but  you'll want to make sure 'appengine_django' is in it. Also, I'm
seeing a dot in front of your google_appengine directory below. If
that was a typo ignore, but if that's there then the app isn't being
picked up for that reason.

Adam