We rolled our own LDAP authorization. First I created a python module
that imported ldap from the python-ldap-2.2.1 package and wrapped in
functions that performed authentication and pulled selected data from
our corporate LDAP server. Then one of my partners used that to create
our own login_required decorator. We wrapped selected application
pages with that and used the regular auth system to define a few non-
LDAP users who needed to use the Admin. We have been using that for
about 2 years.

I have a task ahead of me to update this functionality to 1.0. I'll
post some notes on that when I am done.