Hi Everyone,

I need some guidance with adding table entries where I have a M2M
table relationship.  I am adding entires via a Quote ModelForm.  The
problem is that I am getting the following error when submitting the
form:  "Cannot set values on a ManyToManyField which specifies an
intermediary model.  Use QuoteHasProduct's Manager instead."

I have 2 questions:

1. How do I create a Manager to add entries to the QuoteHasProduct
model? (see above error message)
2. My Quote ModelForm creates a nice multiselect box for the products
selected in the M2M relationship.  My problem is that I also have
several additional fields in the QuoteHasProduct table (e.g. quantity
and product_quote) and I need a way to enter values for them.  Does
anyone have a suggestion on a front end mechanism to select multiple
products for an order and also enter the quantity and product_quote at
the same time.  I am hoping there is an easy way to do this within the
ModelForms class.

For reference, the Models of my tables are below:

class Product(models.Model):
    idProduct = models.AutoField(primary_key=True)
    Vendor_idVendor = models.ForeignKey(Vendor,
db_column='Vendor_idVendor', verbose_name = 'Vendor Name')
    Device_Family = models.CharField(max_length=90)
    Product_Number = models.CharField(max_length=30)
    Device_Description = models.TextField(blank=True)
    class Meta:
        db_table = u'Product'
    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.Device_Family

class Quote(models.Model):
    idQuote = models.AutoField(primary_key=True, verbose_name='Quote
Number')
    quote_date = models.DateField()
    quote_number = models.CharField(max_length=45, blank=True)
    quote_file = models.FileField(blank=True, upload_to='files/
orders/')
    products = models.ManyToManyField(Product,
through='QuoteHasProduct') # filter_interface=models.HORIZONTAL
    class Meta:
        db_table = u'Quote'
    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.quote_number

class QuoteHasProduct(models.Model):
    Quote_idQuote = models.ForeignKey(Quote)
    Product_idProduct = models.ForeignKey(Product)
    quantity = models.IntegerField()
    product_quote = models.DecimalField(max_digits=10,
decimal_places=2)
    class Meta:
        db_table = u'Quote_has_Product'

Thank you in advance for the guidance!