On Sep 23, 5:09 pm, Andrew Fong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When a Django process terminates, I get the following error message:
>
> Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable"
> in  ignored

Thanks for giving detailed reproduction steps; I've confirmed this
behavior.

GEOSGeometry overrides `__del__` because the C object must be
destroyed at the end of its life cycle, otherwise memory would leak.
The Python documentation [1] warns against having global objects that
override `__del__` :

[W]hen __del__() is invoked in response to a module being deleted
(e.g., when execution of the program is done), other globals
referenced by the __del__() method may already have been deleted.

Thus, the solution is to not to not import GEOS globals from a
different module.

Regards,
-Justin

[1] http://docs.python.org/ref/customization.html#l2h-181