Hi,

I've been reading the documentation around forms and templates but I
can't find what I'm looking for, I'd be grateful if somebody could
point me to the right documentation.

In the situation where a bound form object has been passed back to a
template, I would like to get hold of the field value specifically.  I
have seen in the documentation that I can get hold of lots of field
information, names labels etc, but I can't see where to get the
value?  I would like to add some javascript handlers to form elements
so I'd like to create my own form elements.

An example is where somebody fills in an HTML form about addresses,
but forgets a mandatory field, I would like to send the user back to
the HTML form, with the correct fields populated with the submitted
values.

Thanks in advance.