Hello all Django-friends,

I have problem with django v1.0 installed on Solaris 9 sparc. I installed
packages cx_Oracle-4.3.1, sqlite3 v3.5.7 and pysqlite-2.4.0 there and tried to
start './manage.py syncdb' in my project. BUT:

When I define connection to "DATABASE_ENGINE='sqlite3' in settings.py, I get $
./manage.py syncdb
Error: No module named base
# Here is really only message 'No module named base' without any 'sqlite'
string

When I define connection to 'postgresql', I get $ ./manage.py syncdb
Error: No module named postgresql.base

So, at the end I try connection to oracle db via cx_oracle, I get ./manage.py
syncdb
Error: No module named oracle.base

I use the same version of Django1.0 (downloaded from official location
http://www.djangoproject.com/download/1.0/tarball/) on many servers with Debian
with the same configuration via settings.py; use sqlite3, postgresql or oracle
databases with them and without problem described above.

Thanx for your advice, I need it; any advice would be appreciated.

Tomas Benda

Tomáš Benda
Senior Software Engineer
České aerolinie, a.s.
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | T: +420 220 115 645
W: http://www.csa.cz/ | M: +420 725 507 724