Hi everyone,

I'm having a very strange problem with my Django project. I’ve a menu
with several links but I want to make a hover effect with it and for
that I use pictures.

The problem is that my path in my CSS won’t work and the pictures
aren’t loaded and therefore not shown in the menu.

My structure looks like this:

Djangoapps > myDjangoApp > urls.py
Djangoapps > myDjangoApp > skema > views.py

Djangotemplates > base.html (in here lie my menu section and it’s also
here I load the css file default.css)

Html > site_media > css > default.css
Html > site_media > img > a_hover.jpg
Html > site_media > img > menu.jpg

In my css file I have this code:
#menu {
        width:100%;
        padding-top:20px;
        padding-bottom:20px;
        background-color:#003399;
        color:#FFFFFF;
        text-align:center;
        font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size:11px;
        font-variant:small-caps;
        background-image: url('/site_media/img/menu.jpg');
}
#menu a {
        color:#FFFFFF;
        text-decoration:none;
        padding:10px;
        padding-top:20px;
        padding-bottom:20px;
        font-weight:bold;
}
#menu a:hover {
        border-bottom:1px solid #ffffff;
        border-left:1px solid #728d40;
        border-right:1px solid #e9ffb7;
        padding-left:9px;
        padding-right:9px;
        color:#000000;
        background-color:#FFFFFF;
        background-image:url(../img/menu.jpg);
        font-weight:bold;

The problem here is the two lines:
background-image: url('/site_media/img/menu.jpg');
and
background-image:url(/site_media/img/menu.jpg);

I know they are different but that’s because I’ve tried so many
different combinations, like /site_media/img/menu.jpg but also ../img/
menu.jpg and so forth.

I’m simply run out of ideas but hopefully you can give me an answer on
what the heg it’s wrong.
I should say that the base.html correctly load the css file in and all
other css classes are correct and applied to the tables and div’s.

Thank you
- Emil