Carl,

That did the trick. It does, however, leave me with a previous problem. When I
edit the object via a form (in my app) it displays the field value like this
"2008-09-30". And due to field validation the form widget only accepts this
format: "30-09-2008".

Any clue on how a datefield contents then would be correctly presented in a
form when the format deviates from how it's stored in a mySQL database?

Thanx!

Gerard.

--
urls = { 'fun':  'www.zonderbroodje.nl',  'tech':  'www.gp-net.nl' }