2008/10/2 Jarek Zgoda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Anyway, I seem to be unable to change ordering of FKs relating to User
> object. Any hint?

So, suppose you have the following model, a simple user profile:

from django.contrib.auth.models import User
from django.db import models

class UserProfile(models.Model):
    likes_spam = models.BooleanField
    twitter_username = models.CharField(max_length=255)
    website = models.URLField()
    user = models.ForeignKey(User)

And suppose you want the list of users, in the admin, to be
alphabetized by username. In your admin.py file, you'd do:

from django.contrib import admin
from django.contrib.auth.models import User
from django import forms
from yourapp.models import UserProfile

class UserProfileForm(forms.ModelForm):
    user = forms.ModelChoiceField(queryset=User.objects.order_by('username'))

    class Meta:
        model = UserProfile

class UserProfileAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    form = UserProfileForm

admin.site.register(UserProfile, UserProfileAdmin)

There are other ways to come at this if you just want to override a
single field, but I'm a fan of just doing the form.