I'm hoping I've just missed a simple switch, but I'm trying to get
some simple CSS and images set up using the development server.

First, my setup:

from urls.py
(r'^media/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
{ 'document_root': 'D:/workspace/isiscore/media', 'show_indexes':
True, }),

from settings.py

MEDIA_ROOT = 'D:/workspace/isiscore/media/'
MEDIA_URL = 'D:/workspace/isiscore/media/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'

I have tried putting an image into my template with:  src="css/images/
img02.jpg"  but nothing happens. The full path to the image file is D:
\workspace\isiscore\media\css\images\img02.jpg.

The Problem:

When I try to load css (in my template as <link rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css" href="{{ MEDIA_URL }}css/default.css" />), nothing
happens.

When I set the browser to http://127.0.0.1:8000/media/css/images/img02.jpg,
I get a blank white page with the text "Page not found: C:\Python25\Lib
\site-packages\django/contrib/admin/media\css/images/img02.jpg" at the
top.  It doesn't seem like the development server is even looking in
the correct place.  I'm also concerned by the seemingly random
assortment of backwards and forward slashes.

I'll mention this because it may be important, but I'm also getting a
"TemplateSyntaxError: Caught an exception while rendering: nothing to
repeat" whenever I save a file and then reload a page.  Everything
works correctly, however, when I reload again.

Any and all help is kindly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Robert