Hi,

I seem to have come across this problem while trying to install Django
using Macports:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2007-September/019181.html

Basically, the django install succeeds, but when I enter the python
toplevel and do 'import django' I get an ImportError.

As the author of the previous article has stated, I also seem to have
two versions of python now, one at /opt/local/bin and one at
/usr/bin/python. Apparently neither of them will 'import django.'

I have updated my $PATH variable properly:
/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/macosx-bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/Users/david/bin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/Users/david/godi/bin:/Users/david/godi/sbin:/usr/local/smlnj-110.67/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin

Has anyone installed Django successfully using MacPorts? I really like
the idea of MacPorts as a philosophy, especially since it's derived from
BSD, but it seems poorly integrated with the existing infrastructure.

Thanks for your help,
David