Hi,

My goal is to run django on prod with a lighttpd server, and I'm
trying to compare it with the mod_python on apache.

On all the examples I've seen, there is one fastcgi server per site.
However and if I understand it properly with apache, you simply set a
handful of env variables, and all the sites (virtual hosts) share the
same pool of processes.

I'm looking for a way of being able to share a fastcgi server among
several sites, is it possible ?

Otherwise, what is the 'normal' way of handling that  ? How do you
balance between several sites, avoiding to have sleeping processes on
a fastcgi server of a site that isn't visited, or running out of
processes when one site got a lot of visits ?

X+