Hi all

Just starting out on Django. I have an app that needs a long running
process. This is a python process that gets started from some code that
I kick off from __init__ in a middleware class. Is there another way to
do this? I just use subprocess.Popen() to start the other process.
Everything returns fine, the process starts ok but my Django app hangs.
It never finishes the download of some javascript files although the
server thinks it sent them. If I don't start the other process or just
let it exit after a short time my app comes back to life. I really don't
understand what's going on. It's nothing the other app is doing as it
happens with just an empty loop. Any ideas?

Bob