thanks,
I forgot to mention that these are raw sql queries (because
of aggregates), so the ORM cache won't help me here, but at least now
I understand the reasoning behind the design more.

I used a similar workaround to that what you suggested, so i read
the list out in the view and passed the list to the template.
unfortunately
I still have to pass the object too because of other attributes and
methods,
and for me it seems to be a bit redundant, but it's more like an
aesthetic problem,
and I'm not even sure I'm right.

anyway, thanks again!
bmt