On 16 oct, 16:58, "Stephen Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:42 PM, felix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > possibly it may be on YOUR pythonpath but it won't be on apache's
> > pythonpath.
>
> k then..
>
> well I added PythonPath "['/home/iambob/web',
> '/home/iambob/web/testSite'] + sys.path" to my httpd.conf so the
> relevant section becomes
>
> <Location "">

Isn't it supposed to be <Location "/"> ?

(or "/whatever")

>     PythonPath "['/home/iambob/web', '/home/iambob/web/testSite'] + sys.path"

if testSite is your django project directory, you shouldn't have to
add it to the pythonpath - the pythonpath is a list of path to
directories *containing* python modules and packages.

>     SetHandler python-program
>     PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
>     SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE testSite.settings
>     PythonDebug On
> </Location>
>
> but it still gives me an import error......
>
> is there a possibility that apache doesn't have permissions to see
> inside my home directory?

Yes indeed.

> and if so, how would I rectify that?

You need to know the user under which Apache is running (wait...
Ubuntu ? This should be www-data then) and give read access to this
user. Something like

# cd /home/iambob/web
# sudo chgrp -R www-data testSite
# sudo chmod g+r www-data testSite

I don't think Apache requires write access to your project
directory...

Not sure this will fix your problem anyway - I usually don't use
apache to serve stuff from my home dir (and correctly configuring
Apache is not exactly the simplest thing neither).